Take Action to Maintain Your Plumbing
You can take actions that may help maintain your plumbing system or fix a minor problem on your own. If you are uncertain about what you are doing, it is a good idea to stop and to seek our assistance. Minor leaks may be repaired simply and easily, however, there are some situations in which what appears to be a simple leak is actually a much larger problem.
At A-1 Sewer & Septic Service Inc., we are dedicated to providing high-quality work to the residents of Kansas City metro area and have been in business for 50 years. Since 1968 we have served the area, and we always keep your pocketbook in mind. Our services are reasonably priced, and we can act fast for you, no matter how simple or complex the job.
Residential Plumbing Tips
- Always shut off the water before you start.
- Wear safety glasses to protect your eyes and health.
- Obtain blueprints of your home so you can identify the location of your pipes.
- Get one or two large buckets of water to flush a toilet if it is not flushing properly.
- Put food coloring in your toilet tank to diagnose a leaking value seal ball or flapper. When the water in the bowl is colored, you know it is time to replace one or both of these parts.
- Use an adjustable clamp and a rubber sleeve to stop a minor leak for a period of time.
- Never open a drain trap after pouring drain cleaning substances down the drain, as these are highly caustic and could seriously injure you.
- Drain cleaning products can damage PVC pipe and should be avoided if you have any pipes made of this material, as they may then need to be replaced.
- Call our Kansas City plumbing company to get the job done right the first time.
Serving Residents of the Entire Kansas City Metro Area
We are committed to providing friendly, professional plumbing services at a reasonable price. No job is too big or too small, and we can get your problem solved fast quickly. Contact us and we will schedule an appointment at a time that is convenient for you.