We have all seen the commercials of the small child dropping the car keys, cell phone, or toy into the toilet, hitting the lever, and—whoosh—flushing it, down they go. While the commercial may be cute, clogged toilets are not. Even adults put things in the toilet that they shouldn't. You will be amazed at some of the things you have been flushing that should never, ever be flushed down the toilet.
Six Things to Never, Ever Flush
- Dental floss – It's not biodegradable and can make small clogs bigger.
- Facial tissues/Paper Towels – They may feel like toilet paper but they are designed to stay together, when wet, and not dissolve.
- Cotton balls and ear swabs – These do not break down very easily and can cause clogs.
- Hair – This will clog toilets, as well, just as it clogs sinks and drains in the shower.
Tampons and Pads – Even if they
say they are flushable—don't. They are designed to absorb moisture, and they expand when wet.
- Prescription Medications – It might seem like an easy method to dispose of these, but they have toxic effects on the ground water.
Don't confuse your toilet for your trash can. It's made for a specific purpose, and your best is to use it to dispose of only the things meant to go in it. Mistakes happen, and, when they do, A-1 Sewer & Septic Service Inc. is here to help. We offer affordable plumbing, drain cleaning, and pumping services in Kansas. We are a local family-owned-and-operated plumbing company, and we are ready to help with your plumbing needs. Call us today at 913-631-5201 (Kansas) and at 816-361-2121 (Missouri).